FÁS Safe Pass Course
This FAS Safe Pass Course Limerick is a one day safety awareness training programme aimed at all construction site personnel, including new entrants, to ensure that they have a basic knowledge of health and safety. It is a statutory obligation that workers have a basic knowledge of health and safety to make them aware of the inherent dangers on construction sites so that they will not be a risk to themselves or to their co-workers who work alongside them.
- To increase awareness of health and safety in the construction industry.
- To ensure that all construction site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training with the view to making a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and avoidance of health hazards.
- To maintain a register of personnel who received such training.
- To provide all participants with a FAS Safe Pass registration card that will indicate that the holder has attended a formal course in health and safety training.
Who should attend?
All construction site personnel, including new entrants and others who require Safe Pass to gain access where there is a requirement to have Safe Pass.
- The aims and objectives for promoting safety
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Accident reporting and emergency procedures
- Accident prevention
- Health and Hygiene
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- Working with Electricity, underground and over head services
- Use of hand held equipment
- Safe use of vehicles
- Noise and vibrations
- Excavations and confined spaces
A Practical and highly participative approach will be used throughout this FAS Safe Pass Course. When theoretical material is introduced, it will be related to relevant tasks encountered by employees while working on a construction site. The focus will be on actual situations with realistic solutions.
Course / Certificate Validation
Upon successful completion of this FAS Safe Pass Course participants will be registered with FAS and issued with a registration card. It is condition of renewal of the FAS Safe Pass registration card that participants must update their safety awareness training every four years
The course Tutor is registered with FAS
- A PPS number (for participants residing in Ireland only)
- One current passport photograph
- For the English FAS Safe Pass Course, all participants need to have a good working knowledge of the English language
This FÁS Safe Pass course will be taught in English unless previously arranged with Aldatus Healthcare and Safety Training. Students should identify any special needs on booking the course.
Upon successful completion of this FAS Safe Pass Course, candidates will be registered with FAS and issued with a registration card. It is condition of renewal of the FAS Safe Pass registration card that participants must update their safety awareness training every four years.