This half day Abrasive Wheels safety training course is suitable for all those persons who purchase, operate and maintain Abrasive Wheel machinery. The course is designed to provide the course participants with the appropriate knowledge of the hazards and dangers when working with Abrasive Wheels, in addition to providing participants with the expertise to mount an Abrasive Wheel.
This Abrasive Wheels Safety Training Course covers both fixed (bench grinders) and portable (con saws, angle grinders etc) machinery or can be made specific to either.
On completion of the course participants will be able to
- Identify different types of Abrasive Wheel
- Identify Types , Markings , Operating Speeds used in correct selection, of Abrasive wheels (fixed and portable)
- Explain the Hazards and Risks associated with abrasive wheels
- Explain correct Storage and Handling Methods
- Demonstrate Inspection and Testing methods and techniques
- Identify Components used in mounting Abrasive wheels
- Demonstrate correct Assembly , Balance and Fit methods
- Explain Dressing / Maintenance requirements
- Select suitable appropriate PPE
- Demonstrate Safe Working Practises/ Techniques
- List the legal requirements of working with Abrasive Wheels
All successful candidates will be issued with a certificate of attendance by Aldatus. Certification is valid for 2 years from date of issue, thereafter subject to re-certification.