This 3 day Introduction To Clinical Observations For Healthcare Assistants Course is designed for those already working or hoping to get work in the Nursing, Hospital, Home Care, Nursing Home or allied industries.
It will provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude required to work in hospital wards. This course contains both theoretical and practical elements. Candidates get the unique chance to practice in the classroom before actually entering a hospital environment.
Candidates will gain knowledge of the following
- Basic physiology of the heart and circulation
- Basic anatomy of the lungs
- Causes and effects of high and low blood pressure
- How to take blood pressure
- How to take a pulse and count respirations
- Basic physiology of the urinary system
- Signs and symptoms of urinary problems
- How to complete a monitoring chart correctly
- Emergency procedures
Candidates are continually assessed throughout this 3 day training course and are expected to practice their new skills at work or at home in preparation for a final practical and written assessments.
Public courses are held in Limerick, Cork and Waterford. Private in house courses are held Nationwide