This 1 Day Basic First Aid training course is designed to provide attendees with practical first aid skills to treat bleeding, fractures, burns & injuries.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Deal with First Aid emergencies
- Provide necessary first aid within the workplace
- Understand and demonstrate essential life saving skills
- What is First Aid?
- How and when to call Emergency Services
- Principles of Treatment
- Patient Approach & Examination (Scene Safety)
- Brief Introduction to Wounds and Bleeding
- Head injuries
- Dressings and bandages
- Shock – fainting
- Recovery position
- Asphyxia and its causes
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation practical
- Treating foreign bodies, chemical splashes
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures, Sprains, Strains and Dislocations
All successful candidates will be issued with a certificate of attendance by Aldatus. Certification is valid for 2 years from date of issue, thereafter subject to re-certification.