This 1 day Fire Marshal / Fire Warden Training course is designed to meet the training needs of staff responsible for Fire Safety within the workplace. Participants will be provided with in-depth knowledge of their duties and actions to be followed in the event of fire.
This fully interactive course is only available in-house as it requires practical demonstration of escape routes and understanding of fire protection and detection systems. Participants will also be trained in the theory of correct use of fire extinguishers. The Health and Safety Authority no longer recommend the lighting of fires on training courses.
To provide training to staff who intend to fulfil the role of Fire Warden or Fire Marshal within the workplace.
On completion of this Fire Warden training programme participants will be able to
- Understand the chemistry of fire, how it starts and how it spreads
- Have in-depth knowledge of duties of fire marshals/fire wardens
- Be able to ensure that fire protection and fire detection equipment is adequately inspected and maintained
- Be able to assist other members of staff to evacuate safely
- Be able to call and assist fire brigade
- Be able to identify fire hazards in their workplace
- Be able to safely use different types of fire extinguishers
- Course Syllabus
- Fire safety legislation
- Management responsibilities
- Fire safety programme
- Fire and evacuation plans
- Hazards – identification & control
- Fire protection installations
- First Aid Fire Fighting
All successful candidates will be issued with a certificate of attendance by Aldatus. Certification is valid for 2 years from date of issue, thereafter subject to re-certification.