09 May CPR Training Course Limerick 14th May 2016
If more Irish people knew CPR, more lives could be saved…. FACT!
- 10,000 – the number of people that die in Ireland each year from CVD (cardiovascular disease).
- 5,000 – the number of these deaths from Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
- 70% – the amount of Cardiac Arrests that occur AWAY from hospitals or any form of emergency care, these are more likely to occur in front of a close friend, family member, a team mate or work colleague .
- 95% – cardiac arrest victims die BEFORE reaching the hospital.
- Death from sudden cardiac arrest is not inevitable.
- Brain death starts to occur four to six minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest if no CPR and defibrillation occurs during that time.
- If bystander CPR is not provided, a sudden cardiac arrest victim’s chances of survival fall 7%to 10% for every minute of delay until defibrillation
- Few attempts at resuscitation are successful if CPR and defibrillation are not provided within minutes of collapse.
This 1 day CPR Defibrillator Training Course will provide personnel involved in Healthcare, Sports or any Workplace where they may
be frequently exposed to first aid situations with the knowledge and skill to recognize the signs and symptoms of
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest
- FBAO (foreign body airway obstruction – CHOKING).
During the practical sessions of this CPR Defibrillator Training Course , attendees will have ample opportunity to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use an Automated External Defibrilator (AED).
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognise and identify the signs and symptoms of Cardiac Arrest, Stroke, Heart Attack
- Perform CPR on adults, infants and babies (1 & 2 rescuer)
- Recognise choking and administer treatment
Participants will be competent in the use of devices such as
- Face masks
- BVM (bag valve mask CPR Advanced Course Only)
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
Certification is valid for 2 years from date of issue, thereafter subject to re-certification.
If you are interested in any of our Training Services please email Aldatus Healthcare and Safety Training at email@example.com or call Donogh on +353 86 606 7051
Aldatus Healthcare & Safety Training Limerick CPR Training Course Limerick